Derren Brown's Ghost Train:
Rise of The Demon
Are you brave enough to come face to face with the Demon as it rises from the darkness?
Take your one way ticket on a horrifying train journey into the chilling depths of the unknown. With intense live action and thrilling physical effects, the grasp of the Demon awaits on this demonic dark ride.
Sinister surprises lie in every detail of this unique theme park ride.
Please note, face masks are recommended.
Immersive theme park experience
You must be at least 1.4 m to ride
Non-Ambulant & Wheelchair Access
- You must have full upper body strength including head and neck control and be able to brace against the forces.
- This ride is not suitable for non-ambulant riders.
- Wheelchair users must be able to transfer onto the ride seat with minimum aid.
- Personal wheelchairs are not permitted on board the ride, a courtesy wheelchair is available for walk-through scenes – speak to staff for details before riding.
- The ride features dark indoor spaces with strobe lighting, loud noises, special effects and live actors.
Missing Limb or Amputation Information
- Rider must have a minimum of 3 full limbs, missing/amputated legs must be below the knee.
- Prosthetic limbs must be secured or removed before boarding.
- In the event of an evacuation you may be required to exit via a steep staircase with the use of a handrail.
The safety of our guests is paramount, and as part of our legal obligations we have conducted a risk assessment of all our rides which indicates that some cannot be ridden safely by guests with missing or amputated limbs, or those who use a prosthetic limb.
Each ride has been assigned a limb safety requirement, ranging from no restrictions in the number of limbs a guest has, to all 4 limbs being required. Please note that where a ride stipulates a minimum number of limbs a prosthetic limb cannot be used to reach this number.
A full list of restrictions are detailed in the Accessibility Guide. You can also view our example Ride Access Pass Time Card which has information on ride restrictions.
All prosthetic limbs must be secured to the guest’s body or removed before boarding any ride.
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your situation in more detail prior to your visit either via Phone: 01932 577131 or Email: Customer.email@example.com
VR Ride Experience
Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon is a truly immersive experience, leading thrill seekers through a series of chilling train carriages. Bringing together live action, VR experience and a hologram of Derren Brown himself, this scary ride is unlike any classic ghost train.
Climb aboard the Victorian train, suspended 3m in the air, and journey through time. Riders find themselves in the “real world”: an uncannily familiar scene on the London Underground. Unlike some virtual reality coasters, this ride experience was designed with VR at its core. Without the need for any G-force or high-speeds, this dark ride will make you scream whilst barely moving!
Sinister surprises lie in every detail of this unique theme park ride, so you’ll have to come and see for yourself!
Timed Ticket Information
Due to capacity restrictions, visitors must book a free timed ticket to enter Derren Brown's Ghost Train. This allows you to enjoy our other attractions and return at the time specified on your ticket.
Tickets can be booked on the day of your visit at the following locations:
- Island Ticket Centre self-service tills – from 9am
- Attraction entrance by scanning the QR code using your mobile – from 10am
- Fastrack Kiosk by scanning the QR code or the self-service tills – from 10am
Due to capacity restrictions, we can’t guarantee all visitors a timed ticket, for this reason please only book your time slot if you are confident you wish to experience this attraction. Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please also check the restrictions before booking.
Tickets can only be booked in person on the day.
One shot Fastrack tickets are not available for purchase.
Island Unlimited Fastrack holders receive one timed entry ticket. You can collect this from the Fastrack Kiosk along with your wristband on the day.
Ride Access Pass users are welcome to enter via the accessible entry point, however each member of the group must also hold a timed ticket to enter – staff will not mark your timecard.
For full accessibly information, view our Resort Access Guide.
Choose your ticket
- Experience over 30 rides and attractions
- Save up to £22 per person when you book in advance
- Under 3s go free
- Island Return Guarantee – get a free return visit
- Pre-book to guarantee entry
- Access to events on selected dates
- Overnight stays include two days of park entry!
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast included
Derren Brown’s Ghost Train Reviews
“The effect is truly terrifying, and once again it’s because of the elision between the physical realm and the virtual one.”
“The new live actor element improves guest experience. Length of ride to queue ratio is still brilliant! Technology used is incredibly clever. 8.2/10”
- Theme Park Incorporated
“True to form, Derren Brown's Ghost Train is indeed excellent [...] Derren Brown's Ghost Train is the best execution of VR at a Theme Park we've experienced to date, and it's presented and themed to a very high standard indeed.”
- Total Thorpe Park
“Scientifically proven to get hearts beating at more than 180bpm [...] the new VR content on the Ghost Train is as immersive as it is creative. [...] If you love a good scare and your blood pumping, look no further.”
- Surrey Live
Did you know?
There are 12 different versions of the virtual reality ride experience, with two different endings. So you may face a very different virtual world to your friends!
The ride experience lasts from 13-15 minutes.
- The ride uses HTC Vive VR Headsets combined with Nokia OZO Virtual Reality Filming to provide the most immersive experience possible.
Please Note: This horror ride attraction is not suitable for those under the age of 13 and those who suffer from motion sickness, dizziness, psychological or neurological disorders.
Derren Brown's Ghost Train opens throughout the season from 12pm until park close.