FOX partnership facebook competition
Short Competition terms and conditions
Win an overnight stay in THORPE SHARK Hotel plus theme park tickets for 1 day, for a maximum of 4 guests (any combination of adults and children are acceptable), one goody bag of mixed merchandise, VIP escort onto The Walking Dead: The Ride for one ride.
Prize Draw/Competition opens 26th March 2018 and closes 22nd April 2018.
Entry is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), must have access to the internet, aged 18+ except employees (and their immediate families) of Merlin, FOX Networks Group and any other companies associated with the competition.
No purchase necessary. Entries are limited to one per person.
Entrants must visit thorpepark.com/fox page and enter their details into the form for the chance to win
The winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries.
Maximum one prize per person, costs of travel and food is not included. Only one hotel room will be given for up to four people where at least one adult aged 18+ must be present.
Prize: One overnight stay in THORPE SHARK Hotel plus theme park tickets for 1 day, for a maximum of 4 guests (any combination of adults and children are acceptable), one goody bag of mixed THORPE PARK Resort merchandise, VIP escort for up to four people onto The Walking Dead: The Ride for one ride.
By entering the Competition, the participant agrees to be unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions and the full terms and conditions accessible via this link thorpepark.com/terms-conditions.
For THORPE PARK Resort enquiries contact THORPE PARK Resort’s careline on 0871 663 1673 in the UK between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. Promoter: Registered UK office: THORPE PARK Operations Ltd, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD; please do not send correspondence to this address.
- Full Competition terms and conditions
- Promoter: THORPE PARK Resort enquiries contact THORPE PARK Resort’s careline on 0871 663 1673 in the UK between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. Promoter: Registered UK office: THORPE PARK Operations Ltd, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD; please do not send correspondence to this address..
- The Prize(s): One overnight stay in THORPE SHARK Hotel plus theme park tickets for 1 day, for a maximum of 4 guests sharing a standard room (any combination of adults and children are acceptable), on a bed and breakfast basis. One goody bag of mixed THORPE PARK Resort merchandise is included, plus a VIP escort for up to four people onto The Walking Dead: The Ride for one ride only. Food and drink (other than breakfast), transport, insurance and parking are not included in the prize. Date restrictions apply, see below.
- Prizes can be redeemed up until and including 30th September 2018. The Prize cannot be used on Ministry of Sound event nights on the following dates on 26th May, 30th June, 28th July, 4th August, 11th August, 18th August, 25th August 2018.
- Prize can be redeemed by visiting thorpepark.com/fox, entrants must be aged 18+ to enter
- Secondary ticketed events such as Ministry of Sound events are excluded from the Prize.
- Maximum of one prize per household.
- Prizes can only be used as stipulated, are not transferable to another individual and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. Sale of the Prizes for profit is prohibited. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or ticket. Prizes must be taken as a complete package. Any breach of this term will result in disqualification and the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize.
- Eligibility: Entry is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18+ except employees (and their immediate families) of Merlin, Fox Networks Group and any other companies associated with the Competition. In entering the Competition, the participant confirms that he/she is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize he/she may win. The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof that he/she is eligible to enter the Competition and/or claim any Prize he/she may win.
- Start date and closing date: The competition starts on 26th March 2018 and closes 22nd April 2018. Entries received after the closing date are automatically disqualified.
- How to participate: No purchase necessary. Fill in the entry form on the THORPE PARK Resort website at thorpepark.com/fox. Entries are limited to one per person per competition. There is no charge to register for use of this website.
- For competitions, entrants must complete the form in its entirety at thorpepark.com/fox
- For the avoidance of doubt only one unique email address will be accepted per person.
- Winner Selection and notification: For a Prize Draw: The prize draw winners will be drawn by an independent adjudicator or via a verifiable computerised system producing random results from entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions, within 7 working days of the closing date and winners will be notified within 5 days thereafter via email to the email address submitted with their entry.
- The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter notifying the winner in accordance with paragraph 14 Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners by email and phone, using details provided on entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or has not claimed their prize (or failed to provide an address for delivery if so requested) within 30 days of notification, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, For a prize draw: the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random in accordance with paragraph 13 above. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if a winner is not able to take up the prize.
- By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the promotion or receipt of, use or misuse of any prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer account resulting from participating in this Competition, or mistranscribed data;
- unauthorized human intervention or human error which may occur in any part of the entry process or the process for allocating the prize(s);
- technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries;
- late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen post; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant's participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Competition, if it is possible.
Nothing in this section shall exclude the Released Parties' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability whose limitation is prohibited by law.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, inaudible or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void. [Photocopies of entries are not acceptable.]
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition.
- Entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer or completed in bulk, will not be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries or claims that are not submitted on time or in full, lost, mislaid, damaged, or delayed regardless of cause, including, but not limited to, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or corrupted webpages.
- The winners and their companions are responsible for any expenses which may be incurred by the winners in claiming any prize.
- Prizes are subject availability and to the individual attraction's terms and conditions.
- In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to void, suspend or cancel the [Prize Draw/Competition] where it becomes necessary to do so, or amend or alter the terms of the promotion at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner agrees to co-operate (and to procure the co-operation of his/her companions who share in the benefits of the prize) with any reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity; provided that Promoter shall comply with paragraph 41, for example it may only publish personal details in generic form e.g. John from London.
- In so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
- The attraction entry tickets can only be claimed and used by the prize winner and as stipulated. The tickets are non-transferable and not for resale. Any purported or attempted transfer or sale of or other misuse of the tickets will render them automatically void.
- The Promoter's decision is final in relation to promotional matters and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Size, height, weight, and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. The attractions reserve the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including overcapacity.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, these terms shall prevail.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe:
- there has been a breach of:
- these terms and conditions;
- any law; or
- any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements or otherwise;
- a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means;
- an entry infringes any right; or
- the participant's conduct is contrary to the spirit or the intention of the competition.
- Except to the extent that the Promoter is prevented by law from doing so, a list of winners will be available on the THORPE PARK Resort website at thorpepark.com/fox unless otherwise stated, after the close of the competition and for a period of 3 months. Only the first name, surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or any part thereof) is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions (or part thereof) will remain in full force and effect.
- assigns to the Promoter the participant's intellectual property rights in the entry with full title guarantee and shall execute any such documents and perform such acts as may be required for the purpose of giving full effect to such assignation;
- waives all moral rights, in and to the participant's competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with the participant's entry, including all such rights to which he/she may now or at any time in the future be entitled to under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world; and
- agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual rights and moral rights in the entry and any accompanying materials which the participant is unable to assign, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Please see thorpepark.com/terms-conditions for a copy of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by relevant UK law and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these terms and conditions in a UK court. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you and we are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.
- Data Protection: Where you participate in a Competition, your personal data shall be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended, replaced or superseded), the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 when it comes into force, and regulated data protection laws and regulations and as set out in the Privacy Statement (please see Annex A to these terms and conditions). By submitting an entry, the participant acknowledges that the processing of his/her personal data is necessary for the Promoter to fulfil its obligations to the participant in respect of the promotion and to enable you to enter the competition, visit and use our Website and/or to claim any Prize you may win. You confirm and warrant that all data provided by you for these purposes are accurate. If the participant exercises his/her right to object to the processing of such personal data prior to the end of the competition, his/her participation may be cancelled.
ANNEX A TO THE FULL PRIZE DRAW/COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Privacy Statement ("Statement") sets out the basis on which we process and protect the Personal Information we collect from you.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
"Personal Information" refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of Personal Information that we process may include:
IP addresses and cookies (e.g. if redeemed using code online)]
We comply with principles of "data minimisation", and only collect the types and volume of Personal Information required to achieve the purposes set out in this Statement.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU:
- We will collect information from you directly when you complete any associated forms to participate in the Competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training and quality assurance purposes if you call us directly in connection with the Competition.
- Information about you may also be provided to us indirectly by a family member or any other third person who may be entering into the competition on your behalf, or as part of a family application which names you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the Personal Information we collect for the purpose of: administering the Competition and making the required arrangements for the winner to stay at the Resort. We will also need to use your Personal Information for purposes associated with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We have to establish a legal ground to use your Personal Information, so we will make sure that we only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Section where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your application to participate in the [Prize Draw/Competition]), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to (e.g to comply with ICO), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support 'legitimate interests' that we have as a business (to carry out analytics across our datasets in relation to the [Prize Draw/Competition]), provided it is always carried out in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights. Where required under separate laws, for example the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we will also ensure that you have opted in to send you marketing materials.
Before collecting and/or using any Special Categories of Data, we will establish an additional lawful ground to those set out above which will allow us to use that information. This additional exemption will typically be:
- your explicit consent;
- the establishment, exercise or defence by us or third parties of legal claims; or
- a specific exemption provided under local laws of EU Member States and other countries implementing the GDPR.
Please note: if we have previously advised that we are relying on consent as the basis of our processing activities, going forward we will not be relying on that legal basis except where this has been explicitly set out to you.
Please note: if you provide your explicit consent to allow us to process your Special Categories of Data, you may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. However, you should be aware that if you choose to do so, we may be unable to provide certain services to you. If you choose to withdraw your consent we will tell you more about the possible consequences.
If you are under the age of 16, you should not enter the Competition unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian. We will provide follow up communication to your parent or guardian stating that you have indicated that their consent has been obtained, asking them to verify that that is indeed the case, and offering them a chance to opt-out if not. Where they have not provided consent, we will remove your entry and Personal Information. If you are a child, please make sure that your parent or guardian reads this Statement.
Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities, in particular for use of our Website. We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any child under the age of 16 without us having been informed that the child's parent or guardian provided consent (other than such information as is necessary in order to obtain parental or guardian consent). Parents and legal guardians may request to review information collected from their children under the age of 16, or exercise any of the rights set out below on the child's behalf as specified in the "Contact Us" section below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed (which will normally mean at the expiry of the Competition) and will be retained in accordance with our records management policy. In certain cases, laws or regulation require us to keep records for specific periods of time, including for accounting purposes or health and safety compliance. In other cases, records are retained in order to administer the relationship, to fulfil our contractual or statutory obligations or to resolve queries or disputes which arise from time to time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to carry out the purposes outlined above, we may share Personal Information with Fox Networks Group and also with third parties we have contracted with to provide services. These third parties include: Facebook; Mediacom; Experian Marketing Services; Cheetah Digital; CTI Digital; Avius Insight; Zen Desk; and Adare International.
Third parties are restricted from using or disclosing your Personal Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf and are required to comply with applicable legal requirements.
Furthermore, if required, we may disclose Personal Information in response to official government or regulatory requests; to prevent physical harm; or in the event of merger or acquisition.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS
Due to the global nature of our business, the Personal Information we collect may be transferred, processed and stored across geographical borders. For instance, we may transfer Personal Information locally or overseas, including to the European Union, United States, Australia and Singapore and other locations where we have business operations and where our data processing agents may perform duties for us. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of Personal Information from the European Economic Area to countries not automatically deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information. You have a right to request a copy of such safeguards using the contact details supplied in the section below, subject to any duties of confidentiality (i.e. we may have to remove commercially sensitive information).
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Statement.
We may use your personal data to send you direct marketing communications about our attractions, hotels, experiences or our related services. This may be in the form of [email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements]. We limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications which we think will be interesting and relevant to you, based on the information we have about you.
For the purposes of GDPR our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interests, but where opt-in consent is required by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations we may ask for your consent where this required. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time stop receiving direct marketing at any time - you can do this by following the opt-out links in electronic communications (such as emails), or by contacting us using the details in the section below.
We also use your personal data for customising or personalising offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the websites, as well as your interaction with them in connection with the [Competition/Prize Draw]. We may also recommend content to you based on information we have collected about you and your viewing habits.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. In summary, you may request access to your data, rectification of any mistakes in our files, erasure of records where no longer required, restriction on the processing of your data, objection to the processing of your data, data portability and various information in relation to any automated decision making and profiling or the basis for international transfers. You also have the right to complain to your supervisory authority (further details of which are set out in the section below). Those underlined are defined in more detail as follows:
WHAT THIS MEANS
You can ask us to:
- confirm whether we are processing your personal data;
- give you a copy of that data;
- provide you with other information about your personal data such as what data we have, what we use it for, who we disclose it to, whether we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it for, what rights you have, how you can make a complaint, where we got your data from and whether we have carried out automated decision making or profiling, to the extent that information has not already been provided to you in this Policy.
You can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
You can ask us to erase your personal data, but only where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see 'Objection' below); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation which Merlin is subject to.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase your personal data if the processing of your personal data is necessary: for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your erasure request, although these two are the most likely circumstances where we would deny that request.
You can ask us to restrict (i.e. keep but not use) your personal data, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested (see 'Rectification' below), to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it 'ported' directly to another Data Controller, but in each case only where: the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract with you; and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You can object to any processing of your personal data which has our 'legitimate interests' as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Once you have objected, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights.
Automated Decision Making
You can ask not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing , but only where that decision:
- produces legal effects concerning you (such as the rejection of a claim); or
- otherwise significantly affects you.
In such situations, you can obtain human intervention in the decision making, and we will ensure measures are in place to allow you to express your point of view, and/or contest the automated decision. Your right to obtain human intervention or to contest a decision does not apply where the decision which is made following automated decision making:
- is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you;
- is authorised by law and there are suitable safeguards for your rights and freedoms; or
- is based on your explicit consent.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us as set out below. Please note the following if you wish to exercise these rights:
- Identity: We take the confidentiality of all records containing personal data seriously, and reserve the right to ask you for proof of your identity if you make a request.
- Fees. We will not ask for a fee to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, unless your request for access to information is unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in the circumstances. We will let you know of any charges before completing your request.
- Timescales. We aim to respond to any valid requests within one month unless it is particularly complicated or you have made several requests, in which case we aim to respond within three months. We will let you know if we are going to take longer than one month. We might ask you if you can help by telling us what exactly you want to receive or are concerned about. This will help us to action your request more quickly.
- Exemptions. Local laws, including in the UK, provide for additional exemptions, in particular to the right of access, whereby personal data can be withheld from you in certain circumstances, for example where it is subject to legal privilege.
- Third Party Rights. We do not have to comply with a request where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other data subjects.
Our primary point of contact for all issues arising from this policy, including requests to exercise data subject rights, is firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Merlin Entertainments Group, Privacy Department, Link House, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the following details email@example.com with the subject heading "Exercise of Data Subject Right(s)". If you have a complaint about how we have handled your Personal Information you may contact us and we will investigate your complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (i.e. your local data protection authority) once you have tried to resolve the issue with us.