Step onto Swarm Island to witness the devastation!
In a post-apocalyptic world, Thorpe Park is under attack from a flying alien race. From an abandoned church station, you’ll burst through a surviving billboard, fly under a crashed plane wing, narrowly escape the rotating blades of an abandoned helicopter and skim past an explosive fire engine.
Join the invasion to see for yourself!
Experience speeds of almost 100km/h as you ride on the wings of The Swarm. Take your seat either side of the track and feel the force of 4.5G, with nothing above or below you but air!
59 mph top speed
You must be at least 1.4 m to ride
127ft in height
Maximum torso restriction 51 inches
Non-Ambulant & Wheelchair Access
- You must have full upper body strength including head and neck control and be able to brace against the forces.
- The ride is suitable for non-ambulant riders, please be aware in the unlikely event of a lift evacuation you may experience a prolonged wait prior to exit. Please speak to staff before boarding for full details.
Missing Limb or Amputation Information
- Riders must have a two full legs to ride, one missing arm/amputations is permitted below the elbow.
- Prosthetic limbs are not permitted.
- In the event of a lift evacuation you must be able to pull yourself up and out of the seat at an inclined angle and make a 180 degree turn onto the walkway with a waist harness.
The safety of our guests is paramount, and as part of our legal obligations we have conducted a risk assessment of all our rides which indicates that some cannot be ridden safely by guests with missing or amputated limbs, or those who use a prosthetic limb.
Each ride has been assigned a limb safety requirement, ranging from no restrictions in the number of limbs a guest has, to all 4 limbs being required. Please note that where a ride stipulates a minimum number of limbs a prosthetic limb cannot be used to reach this number.
A full list of restrictions are detailed in the Accessibility Guide. You can also view our example Ride Access Pass Time Card which has information on ride restrictions.
All prosthetic limbs must be secured to the guest’s body or removed before boarding any ride.
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your situation in more detail prior to your visit either via Phone: 01932 577131 or Email: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose your ticket
- Experience over 30 rides and attractions
- Save up to £31pp when you book in advance
- Children under 1.2m tall visit free
- Island Return Guarantee – get a free return visit
- Pre-book to guarantee entry
- Access to events on selected dates
The Swarm Reviews
“From start to finish the ride was dynamic and delightful [...] the theming is very good, as is everything else about the ride.”
- Coaster Critic
Did you know?
- The Swarm was code named Project LC12 during development!
Watch our video to find out more about The Swarm ride restrictions.
Ride Evacuation Demonstration
Watch our video to find out more about The Swarm ride evacuation procedures.