SAW - The Ride
The world's first horror movie themed rollercoaster
Ride through Jigsaw’s most intricate torture equipment on this terrifying horror rollercoaster. If you can avoid the swinging pendulum blades, the floor of spikes and the giant rotating blades, you might just make it out alive...
Even the bravest thrill seekers will cling on tight as they face a beyond vertical drop of 100 degrees, from a height of 100ft. Plummet towards the ground with almost no view of the track ahead of you. How can you be sure that it’s really there?!
55 mph top speed
30m in height
You must be at least 1.4 m to ride
Maximum torso restriction 51 inches
Non-Ambulant & Wheelchair Access
- You must have full upper body strength including head and neck control and be able to brace against the forces.
- This ride is not suitable for non-ambulant riders, you must be able to walk 25m unaided to ride.
- This ride features dark indoor spaces with strobe lighting, loud noises and special effects.
Missing Limb or Amputation Information
- Riders must have 3 full limbs, missing/amputated arms or legs must be below the elbow or the knee.
- In the event of an evacuation you may be required to exit via a steep spiral staircase with the use of a handrail.
The safety of our guests is paramount, and as part of our legal obligations we have conducted a risk assessment of all our rides which indicates that some cannot be ridden safely by guests with missing or amputated limbs, or those who use a prosthetic limb.
Each ride has been assigned a limb safety requirement, ranging from no restrictions in the number of limbs a guest has, to all 4 limbs being required. Please note that where a ride stipulates a minimum number of limbs a prosthetic limb cannot be used to reach this number.
A full list of restrictions are detailed in the Accessibility Guide. You can also view our example Ride Access Pass Time Card which has information on ride restrictions.
All prosthetic limbs must be secured to the guest’s body or removed before boarding any ride.
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your situation in more detail prior to your visit either via Phone: 01932 577131 or Email: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Saw - The Ride experience
Based on the infamous horror movie franchise, this themed roller coaster goes further than any vertical drop ride has gone before. After a terrifying indoor section, riders face the torturous tick, tick, tick up a completely vertical chain lift hill. A 100ft drop awaits as the roller coaster car plummets through free fall at 55 miles per hour. Face your fears on one of the top ten steepest roller coasters in the world!
Thrill seekers and scary movie fans will endure 4.7 g-force, the highest g-force roller coaster ride at Thorpe Park Resort. Expect to be turned upside-down three times, around the twisting, turning track of dive loops, heartline rolls and surprises around every corner.
Look out for the camera, as you’ll want a ride photo to remember the time you were a character in the world’s scariest horror film franchise!
Choose your ticket
- Experience over 30 rides and attractions
- Save up to £30 per person when you book in advance
- Under 3s go free
- Island Return Guarantee – get a free return visit
- Pre-book to guarantee entry
- Access to events on selected dates
- Overnight stays include two days of park entry!
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast included
Saw - The Ride Reviews
“Saw: The Ride roars and screams, as if it’s alive [...] The Drop delivers completely. As you crest the top of the hill, the track completely disappears before you. You really do get a “freefall” sensation. It’s pretty breathtaking and hard to describe.”
“It’s an incredible experience that I would ride over and over again” - Sean Evans, Back to the Movies“As opposed to other coasters in the park, Saw is away from any pathway and gets around the forest, so you really don’t know what you’re going to find.”
Did you know?
- When Saw - The Ride opened in 2009, it broke the record as the steepest vertical drop rollercoaster in the world!
- Theme Park Top Tip: Sit in Cart 2 for an extra surprise! No spoilers!
- During development, SAW- The Ride was given the codename "Project Dylan"!
Watch our video to find out more about Saw's ride restrictions.
Ride Evacuation Demonstration
Watch our video to find out more about Saw ride evacuation procedures.